Things have been very busy for me the past few weeks I'm sorry to say. Wile I have made progress on quilts, life seems to be getting the better of me lately. My last Make-a-List Monday post was 3 weeks ago now. I can't believe we're already into October at this point. Time seems to go by WAY too quickly.
So here's what I had planned for the prior weeks:
1. Post pictures of client quilt fabric when it arrives.
2. Press FQs and get them ready for storage.
3. Draft up directions for client quilt.
I did post about my client's quilt and directions for making the main blocks of the quilt here. I also pressed a whole bunch of the fat quarters (FQs) and found a temporary home for them in my closet. I have actually made a lot of progress on the client quilt. I have all the blocks made for the center, the corner border blocks made and the piano key borders made. At this stage, I need to sew blocks together into the quilt top, then finish up the borders and add them to the quilt.
Here's what I plan for this week (my hubby is traveling 2 days, so that will increase the sewing time):
1. Go to Quilt Guild meeting on Monday evening.
2. Sew entire center portion of quilt together.
3. Add long strips to both sides of the 4 piano key border units.
4. Add borders to the quilt.
5. Print directions for making a pillow cover.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations