Monday, October 1, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

 Things have been very busy for me the past few weeks I'm sorry to say.  Wile I have made progress on quilts, life seems to be getting the better of me lately.  My last Make-a-List Monday post was 3 weeks ago now.  I can't believe we're already into October at this point.  Time seems to go by WAY too quickly.

So here's what I had planned for the prior weeks:
1. Post pictures of client quilt fabric when it arrives.
2. Press FQs and get them ready for storage.
3. Draft up directions for client quilt.

I did post about my client's quilt and directions for making the main blocks of the quilt here.  I also pressed a whole bunch of the fat quarters (FQs) and found a temporary home for them in my closet.  I have actually made a lot of progress on the client quilt.  I have all the blocks made for the center, the corner border blocks made and the piano key borders made.  At this stage, I need to sew blocks together into the quilt top, then finish up the borders and add them to the quilt.

Here's what I plan for this week (my hubby is traveling 2 days, so that will increase the sewing time):
1. Go to Quilt Guild meeting on Monday evening.
2. Sew entire center portion of quilt together.
3. Add long strips to both sides of the 4 piano key border units.
4. Add borders to the quilt.
5. Print directions for making a pillow cover.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment