Monday, October 8, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Last week was a very productive week for me.  I was able to complete all my goals!  Yay! :-)  I think that's a first for the year.

Here was the plan:
1. Go to Quilt Guild meeting on Monday evening.  Done!  I need to think about at least 4 UFOs that I can get done by June to participate in a guild challenge.  Since I machine piece/quilt, I should be able to find four projects that will fit the bill.
2. Sew entire center portion of quilt together. Done!  I was able to get the entire quilt top sew on Tuesday evening.
3. Add long strips to both sides of the 4 piano key border units. Done!
4. Add borders to the quilt. Done! I was able to add all the borders and finish the quilt top on Wednesday evening.
5. Print directions for making a pillow cover.  Done!  I even completed the pillow cover and have the pillow form stuffed inside it.  It looks pretty cute I must say.

This is the overall look of the quilt now that the borders are on.  The quilting I'm doing is in a green variegated thread, which really stands out against the orange and yellow.  It even stands out pretty well against the greens, so there's no hiding on this one!

Client Quilt #1

I also made quite a bit of progress on things over the weekend.  I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but the weekend included shopping at Target, shopping at Joann's (always dangerous...at least for my wallet), a four-hour shopping trip to some outlets for work attire for both of us, and the usual laundry and grocery shopping on Sunday.

I have the client quilt loaded onto the frame and started quilting.  Its going to take me longer than I expected to quilt this one as the pattern is more intricate than I originally thought.  Sometimes things look so good and easy on paper and when you start to stitch them....not so easy, but still good looking. :-)  It takes me about 30 minutes to quilt one row of the pantograph, and I have about 15 rows to do.  I was able to get 3 rows done last night (which a bobbin lasts about 2.75 rows).  I'm hoping to get another 3 or 4 rows done tonight.

I also started pressing/cutting fabric for another baby quilt for a friend of ours.  This quilt is a simple pattern and I think when I quilt it, it will just be a simple stipple pattern.  They don't know if its going to be a boy or a girl, so the quilt and stitching needs to be fairly generic.

Goals for this week:
1.  Complete 3 rows of quilting on client quilt each night.
2.  Add binding onto quilt on Friday evening.
3.  Hand-stitch at least half the binding down by Sunday evening.
4.  Sew strips together for 2nd baby quilt.
5.  Play with EQ6 to get fabric amounts/colors for a smaller version of Judy's Sing A Happy Song quilt pattern.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment