Friday, October 19, 2012

Client Quilt - Monkey in the Middle

I'm a little behind on posting status for the client quilt I've been working on.  I actually just finished up the binding last night, but I'd like to share some pictures of the quilting as it was progressing.

This was a fairly tricky pattern to quilt as it was originally sized as a 9.5" wide pattern.  The max area I can quilt is only about 5", so I had to do some reducing.  In doing that I also had to simplify the design since some of the detail was just too small for my machine to be able to handle.  Here's an up-close picture of the quilting in one area:


IMG_1863

Here's one with it completely quilted and still partially on the frame.  I love the texture this quilting put onto the quilt.  I think its going to be really great once the quilt is washed.

IMG_1865

Since the weather has also gotten colder lately, we've had a few fires in the fireplace so far.  Ellie, the cat, is definitely happy about the fireplace.  She gets just about as close as she can to it.  When we have to add wood or poke the fire, we physically have to push her out of the way as she won't voluntarily move from in front of the fire.

Kitty_2

Kitty_1


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful fireplace! We have one but do not use it often - we have to put a very small fire in it or the house just gets way to hot. We have a small house and it really doesn't get cold enough to use it until January at least.

    ReplyDelete