Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Guild Meeting & Challenge

I went to my second guild meeting last night where they announced the guild challenges for this upcoming year.  The big challenge this year is to submit a list of UFOs.





Wait... not that kind of UFO!  A quilting UFO... UnFinished Object!

I definitely have a fair number of projects in various states of progress these days.  However, the challenge is to complete your said number of UFOs (minimum of 4) by the guild meeting in June.  This is what I think I will do as my challenges:

1. Shine on Bayou Cane - I need to do the hand-stitching of the binding.
2. Grandma's Attic Baby Quilt - I have the pattern and fabric, but need to complete the kit.
3. Sing A Happy Song Baby Quilt - I have to modify the pattern to make it smaller and get fabric for this, but in my mind its a UFO because its in my head and it won't be gone until I make it!
4. Lone Star Quilt - This top is made, but needs to be quilted and bound.
5. Wildflower Fields - This top is made, but needs to be quilted and bound.

I'll think about these the next few weeks.  I want to make sure I put realistic goals down!


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

2 comments:

  1. it would be hard to do a challenge like that for me - no way can one hand quilt a bunch of tops waiting to be quilted. And finish hand piecing several tops - sometimes a list of 4 is even too many for me :) I think often guilds seem to think everyone does machine work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to get to the October meeting and totally forgot that it was the 1st! Will try to get to the next one.

    ReplyDelete