Monday, October 15, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

 Another week has already gone by and we're in the middle of October.  Time sure does fly.  I've gotten a lot of sewing done the last week, although I don't have pictures uploaded yet.

Part of the reason for the lack of posting is that I found out this past week that the usual site I use for hosting pictures (Webshots) is changing their service and will no longer be free.  So I've spent part of the past week transferring images from Webshots over to Flickr and updating my blog posts.  I've updated all of the individual posts on this blog, but I'm debating on what to do with my old blog.  I have a lot of pictures there and just general documentation of things that went on in my life for the past 4 years.  Webshots is discontinuing their free surface on November 1st, so there's really no way to update all the posts by then.

I do have the pictures downloaded and labeled the way Webshots had it labeled, so I should be able to back-track the pictures to the posts at some point in the future.

The other thing that has been keeping me busy this past week is quilting on the client quilt.  It took a bit longer than I expected to get quilted... a total of 7.5 hours.  It looks absolutely gorgeous though and the quilting added so much texture to the quilt.  I'll share some pictures a little later this week.

So the list from last week:
1.  Complete 3 rows of quilting on client quilt each night.  DONE!
2.  Add binding onto quilt on Friday evening.  DONE - but not on Friday.  Binding got machine sewn on Sunday evening.
3.  Hand-stitch at least half the binding down by Sunday evening.  I only have 1/4 of the binding down.
4.  Sew strips together for 2nd baby quilt. DONE!
5.  Play with EQ6 to get fabric amounts/colors for a smaller version of Judy's Sing A Happy Song quilt pattern. Not done.

Overall it was a pretty good week and I'm glad I have the quilting done on the client quilt.

Here's the plan for this coming week:
1. Complete hand-sewing of binding on client quilt.
2. Press strips together for 2nd baby quilt.
3. Design 3rd baby quilt (yes, another one in addition to the one from last week).
4.  Play with EQ6 to get fabric amounts/colors for a smaller version of Judy's Sing A Happy Song quilt pattern for 4th baby quilt.
5.   Hand-sew binding on Shine on Bayou Cane quilt.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment