Late last year, I started a mystery quilt pattern from Bonnie Hunter called Orca Bay. I'm finally getting around to finish it. This has been a labor of love and sometimes of annoyance. It took a very long time to make all the string blocks and triangles. There's too many individual pieces to count in this quilt.
Here's how it was at the start of this week with the center pieced and the inside border on.
I was finally able to get some time after work on Thursday and put the last borders on to finish this up. While I still have to quilt it, I'm really happy that the "hard part" is done now. It came out a lot better than I had thought it would. I liked all the fabrics I originally picked (all from stash with a few supplements when I ran out), but didn't dream that it would look this good. The pictures don't do it justice. My husband thought it was ugly for the longest time, but now that its together, he thinks its pretty cool.
Closer picture of one of the corners.
I have a simple pantograph pattern of daisies that I think I'm going to use for the quilting. Since its so busy, I just want something that will provide texture to the quilt. Now...on to the next project. :-)