Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quilt #6

This is the sixth quilt that I ever completed.  When I first started quilting, we were in the phase of life where most of our friends were married and many were starting to have children.... hence, a lot of baby quilts!

This particular quilt is approximately 36 x 56 (I usually sized them to fit the standard 40x60 crib batting) and is made using flannel fabrics.  Most of the fabrics in the middle were a line that featured nursery rhymes.  It was very cute and I still have some of the fabric scraps to use on some future project.


Quilt_6-1

This was the first time I'd ever tried flying geese.  It was definitely a learning experience.  While I like the fabrics I used for the geese, it was just a bit too busy with the ducks to really get a sense of the pattern.  This is probably a good thing since it hit the fact that the flying geese weren't really great. ;-)

Quilt_6-2

Here's a picture of the backing.  I outline quilted the borders and corner squares and then in the middle I followed the spiral design with straight-line quilting.

Quilt_6-3

I really liked the backing here, too since it had little shapes for kids with the letters next to them.  A for airplane, T for teddy, M for moon, etc.  Plus it was all flannel and was very snuggly.

Quilt_6-4



Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment