Monday, August 6, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Last week was crazy to say the least.  Rich's surgery went well on Thursday; however, the doctor found nothing wrong with the knee. :-(  So now we have no clue why he has so much pain when there is nothing wrong with the ligaments, knee cap or meniscus.  We have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow to see what else could be causing the pain and what we can do about it.

At this point, he's slowly recovering from the surgery.  He's still on crutches and can't really put any weight on the leg, but we think that's just because of the swelling and general discomfort.  He's able to straighten it more now than initially after the surgery, so that is definitely good.  Once we're sure that the cuts are healed that he'll have to do some exercises to get full range of motion.  Since the doctor only poked around and didn't do any actual cutting inside the knee, it should be about 2 weeks or so before he's back to "normal".

Since I've been spending most of my days either helping him out (getting food, drink, medicine, ice bags, etc), I didn't get a whole lot done on the quilting/sewing front the past few days.

Here's the list from last week

1.  Plan stitching for Quilt Sampler and start stitching blocks.  I kind of have an idea of what I want to do with the quilting, but I'm a little afraid to start.  I guess I'm just going to bite the bullet and DO IT!

2. Post for Wanna Know Wednesday. I did post for this last week.  I've used the Thread Heaven conditioner a bit more and still love it. :-)

3. Post about Quilt #5 on the blog.  I didn't get a chance to upload photos from Quilt #5, so this didn't get done last week.

This week is also going to be a little nutsy.  I have doctor's appointments for Rich to take him to and work is going to be hectic as usual.  I did buy a Powerball ticket on Saturday morning (didn't win), and I bought one for Wednesday's drawing.  If I'm real lucky I might win, I have a 1 in 176 million chance. ;-)

So this coming week, I'm also planning a short list of things to do:

1.  Post for Wanna Know Wednesday.

2. Start quilting individual blocks on the Quilt Sampler.

3. Post about Quilt #5 on the blog.


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment