Monday, August 20, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

Why is it that I make some fairly decent and I must say...EASY... plans and sometimes I just can't stick to them at all??!

Last week was somewhat productive, but work tends to get in the way of my "play" time.  At least this week the hubby is back to driving himself so I'm not losing 1 hour per day driving to his work versus mine.  His knee is definitely doing better and he's pretty much back to the way he was before surgery.  The knee is still tender and he can't bend it completely (i.e. he can't sit on his feet and have his knee bent a LOT), but he can pretty much do everything he needs to do.  He has some exercises to do now to gain that motion back.

So last week, I did get most of my plans done....

1. Post on Wednesday (I may be changing it to work-in-progress Wednesday). DONE!

2. Finish sewing rows together into quilt top for Wildflower Fields. This is almost done, although I haven't taken a decent picture yet.  I have one sewn section to press and then one final seam and the middle portion of this top is done.  Then its on to adding borders.

Wildflower_Fields-3

3. Post about Quilt #5 on the blog...this week I'm actually going to do it! Yay!  Got this one done too!




This coming week I'm hoping to get a bit more done, but I may be doing more needlepoint than quilting.  See last week we had our new TV delivered!  We haven't bought a new TV in 10 years and the TVs have come a long way since then.  We had a "little" 27-inch TV that you could barely read the writing on the sports scores.  We have now upgraded to a 65-inch HD plasma.  :-)

 

I have to say... its absolutely gorgeous! The one rule I gave my husband when he was picking out the TV was that it couldn't be wider than I was tall...and I'm only 5'2".  So he had 62 inches to play with.  I told him he was stretching it with the 65" TV, but he reasoned me out...the 65" is the diagonal, so on the horizontal its only 60.5".  What a goof!

So needless to say, we've been finding new HD channels to watch and renting some HD movies from our cable provider.  We will need to get a new receiver in order to truly play DVDs properly with something like a Blue-Ray player.  Our current receiver is a DVD/receiver combo and it doesn't have ANY audio/video inputs.  Argh.  So you have to play stuff through its DVD player and it doesn't even have an HDMI out cable...just component cable which doesn't give as good a picture.  So we'll upgrade the receiver in a few weeks and get a Blue-Ray player.  We're eventually going to upgrade speakers, too, but that probably won't be until next year.

Anyway - so my list of things to do this week...

1. Post on the blog on Wednesday.
2. Finish sewing Wildflower Fields' center quilt top.
3. Post about Quilt #6.
4. Post a picture and progress on the current needlepoint project.
5. Post for Stashbusting Sunday.

Hope everyone out there in "blog-land" is having a good week so far!

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment