Due to the dry weather this summer, the trees are already starting to change color a bit.
It will be interesting to see how this fall goes with how dry the summer was. We had our lawn put in this past spring and due to the heat and lack of water, most of it died in the front yard. So this past weekend we spent prepping the ground (filling in holes and spreading fresh dirt) and then spreading grass seed and straw. Hopefully we'll have better luck getting the grass to grow this fall.
Anyway, last week was fairly busy, so I didn't get a chance to post as much on the blog as I had wanted to at the beginning of the week. I had a work "thing" on Wednesday and didn't get home until after 8pm. Here's what I thought I was going to accomplish:
1. Post on the blog on Wednesday. Didn't get a chance to do this.
2. Finish sewing Wildflower Fields' center quilt top. Almost done. I have just one pieced border left.
3. Post about Quilt #6. :-(
4. Post a picture and progress on the current needlepoint project. :-(
5. Post for Stashbusting Sunday. DONE!
I'll be taking Friday off from work to make this week a 4-day week, then a 4-day weekend, and then a 4-day week next week. :-) I think that's how life should always be...work 4 days, then off for 4 days, then work for 4 days. I think I could handle that. ;-)
Here's the plan for this coming week:
1. Post on Wednesday with project progress.
2. Finish adding the final borders to Wildflower Fields.
3. Post about Quilt #6.
4. Post a picture of the current needlepoint project.
5. Post for Stashbusting Sunday.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations