Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stashbusting 2012 - Week 28

This has been a busy and hectic week to say the least.  Its been emotionally difficult, but I'm not going to go into details here.  Needless to say, it was a crummy start to a vacation, but hopefully it will get better here on out.

I haven't done a ton of sewing lately; however, I did load a quilt onto the quilting frame and its ready to get quilted.  In my book, that counts as stash used. :-)  So I have 4-1/4 yards used just for backing on one quilt.  Finally getting quilts on the frame and with the backing sure does help the stash numbers!

I did also do a little impulse purchase.  I had to buy a second design wall so while I was paying for shipping, I bought a 1/2 yard batik medley that was on clearance.  That equated to the 3 new yards.  Despite that purchase, I'm back in the black again!  Yay!

Here's a picture of the finished Lone Star quilt I've been working on:

Lone_Star-17

It came out really well and now I just need to figure out how I want to quilt it.  The center has just a tiny bit of "poof" to it, but its really not bad considering this is the first Lone Star I've ever made.

We've also had a bunch of flowers in our garden bloom recently.  Here's a few snapshots of what the flowers look like.  Our grass is brown and ugly from lack of rain, but we are sparingly watering the plants to keep them alive and at least have the garden look nice.  Since we put a thick layer of mulch down, we've only had to water the plants every 3rd day.


Front_Garden-E


Front_Garden-F


Front_Garden-G


Front_Garden-H


Here are the numbers:
Added This Week:       3.0 yards
Added Year to Date:    18.54 yards
Used This Week:          4.27 yards
Used Year to Date:       19.72 yards
Net Year to Date:         -1.18 yards

It is definitely good to be back in the black again.  I don't have any real fabric purchases planned, so hopefully I'll continue to use the stash up for the rest of the year.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at UpstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lone star quilt. Your flowers look like they are getting plenty of water. Mine all bit the dust already -- way too hot and not enough water to go around.

    ReplyDelete