Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Quilts #2 and #3

This is the 2nd post in a series showing some of the quilts that I have made. The two quilts here were made in during early spring of 2008. My husband’s co-worker’s wife was expecting twin girls, so I made two similar quilts for the babies. Both quilts used the same fabrics, but the pattern was different for each quilt to make sure they were individual.

I apologize that the pictures aren’t great, but it’s what I have from 4 years ago. The majority of the fabrics featured Winnie the Pooh. The purple fabric used as the inner border as well as the green and blue fabrics in the outer border feature little hand-prints.

Quilt_2-1

Quilt_3-1


I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t use more of the pink fabric in the spiral quilt as its kind of “dull” looking in the pictures. In real life, the colors were much better and weren’t so washed out as they appear to be in the pictures.

Since I was still very new to quilting, I kept the patterns simple. Both quilts are tied in the middle, but the borders are quilted with stitch-in-the ditch quilting. These were good learning experiences in making sure I had the layout correct before sewing everything together.

Quilt_2-2

Quilt_3-2



The above pictures show the fabrics in a little bit more detail as well as the ties that I used for the quilt. I used a variegated yarn in pastel colors that matched the quilts. I don’t remember the exact batting I used, but I believe I was using mostly poly-type battings at the time. Definitely another thing I would have changed. ;-)

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at UpstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment