Monday, January 14, 2013

Make-A-List Monday

How did it get to be Monday again?  Somehow its already the middle of January and I'm not quite sure how that happened!

I did make a bit of progress this past week on things I had wanted to complete. Here was last week's list:


1. Post a picture of my progress on my needlepoint.  The "page" shown below is actually completed now.  I'm on to page 9...of 42.

IMG_2011


2. Finish quilting the straight lines in all four triangles. Done.  All four triangles have the straight-line quilting done.

IMG_1998

3. Start quilting the straight lines in the corner squares (4 total).  Done!  I finished quilting one of the four corner squares. 

 IMG_2012

4. Pair up white strips and batiks for a Bento Box quilt. Done.  All strips paired up and I made one block.  I also cut fabric for the next 3 blocks.

IMG_2006

IMG_2013


So I made a lot of progress this past week.  I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up this coming week.  We also made progress on a house project we've been working on.  We want to put a coffered ceiling into one of our rooms, but we've been struggling with how to put something square into a non-square room.  Below is a picture of what we kind of want to do. 


By the end of Sunday, we had figured out how to make it square and snapped some reference lines onto the ceiling.  The next step is going to be to buy some wood that we need to use to put the "boxes" on the ceiling and measure the thickness of the wood so we place everything correctly.

My plans for the coming week are:
1. Mark and quilt at least one additional corner square on Lone Star.
2. Post an updated picture of the needlepoint.
3. Sew next three blocks for the Bento Box quilt.
4. Order backing material for Wildflower Fields.


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment