Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Make-A-List Monday

Happy New Year to everyone in Blog Land!  I know I'm a little bit late, but that seems to be how its going to be this coming year!

I'm a little overdue for my Make-A-List Monday post.  I guess its good that I've been doing some sewing though. :-)

I came down with a cold just after Christmas and I'm still fighting it off, but I've felt a little bit better the last few days.  I've been doing a lot of this with the kitty. :-)


IMG_2004

Looks comfy doesn't she?  Just to the right...that flat, white-ish surface... is the hearth to our wood-burning fireplace.  As soon as we get the fire going, she plops herself in front of it and starts to snooze.  I don't blame her... its what I want to do whenever we have the fire going, too!

I have been able to get some quilting done when I can pull myself away from the fireplace (I've been doing a bit of needlepoint since I can sit myself right near the fireplace and do it).  This is a picture from last week, but I do have more done.  There are four of these triangles that have to be marked and quilted with the walking foot.  I'm completely done with three of them and the fourth is almost done.  Then its on to quilting the large corner squares using the same motif.

IMG_1997

So here's my plan for the up-coming week:
1. Post a picture of my progress on my needlepoint.
2. Finish quilting the straight lines in all four triangles.
3. Start quilting the straight lines in the corner squares (4 total).
4. Pair up white strips and batiks for a Bento Box quilt.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Happy Crafting!

~Sarah at upstateNYCreations



No comments:

Post a Comment