Sunday, January 13, 2013

Stashbusting 2013 - Week 2

First stash report of the year for me since I missed last week.  I've been doing a fair amount of quilting, but its detailed quilting on a quilt and not using much fabric.  I did start another project (not that I need another one), but its using fabric completely from the stash...so its good, right?  :-)

Here's what I've been quilting.  This is a close-up on a triangle section.  This same pattern is used in four larger squares, which I'm in the process of quilting right now.  Its a lot of starts and stops, which always increases the amount of time to actually quilt something.

IMG_1998

IMG_2007

This is the fabric for the new project.  Its a jelly roll I bought last year in green and purple batiks.  The white is a sparkly white fabric that I had in my stash from a little over a year ago.

IMG_2009

Before cutting all the strips, I wanted to make sure everything would work out, so I just cut the fabric for a single block.

IMG_2005

And the finished product.  I have to fix the seam on the top right block, but I think it came out well.  Now I can start doing the other blocks.

IMG_2006

In the meantime, I've been doing some needlepoint during the evening while watching TV.  Its relaxing for me and the end picture is awesome.

IMG_2010

Here's a close-up of the section I'm working on now.

IMG_2011

So here are my numbers for the first part of 2013...


Added This Week:       0.00 yards
Added Year to Date:    0.00 yards
Used This Week:          0.14 yards
Used Year to Date:       0.14 yards
Net Year to Date:         0.14 yards

Go on over to Judy's blog to see how everyone else is doing.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the quilting! I can't wait to see the fabrics in your new projects. :)

    ReplyDelete