Its been a few weeks since I last posted for Stashbusting, but I have been able to get some sewing done. I completed all the piece parts for Bonnie Hunter's pattern "Orca Bay". I put it aside for a little while though to start working on a wall hanging for the house.
The wall hanging is going to be a Lone Star pattern. After a slight fumble the first time I tried to make the full diamond, I was able to get the hang of it. I have four diamond pieces made so far, but here's what they look like as a sewn pair.
We've also been busy the past few weeks with our garden and house things. We took almost a full week off from work during the Memorial Day Holiday and were able to get our front planting bed mostly planted. We are still waiting for some of the flowers to arrive, but we had to dig out 8 yards of sand, replace it with 8 yards of good topsoil and then start planting. So far there are 55 plants in the bed with another 12 on the way. Here's what it looks like:
If you couldn't tell, we really like poppies. :-)
We've also been building a dam in a small stream on our property. We have a pump near it and are able to use the water in the reservoir to water our lawn. Considering we're on a well, we're very happy to be able to use the water in the stream to water the lawn versus our only potable water.
Here are the numbers:
Added This Week: 0.0 yards
Added Year to Date: 15.54 yards
Used This Week: 2.44 yards
Used Year to Date: 12.62 yards
Net Year to Date: 2.93 yards
Almost in the black again! It shouldn't take long to get back to neutral or even use more fabric than I've purchased! ;-)