Monday, June 18, 2012

Make-a-List Monday

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm attempting to be upbeat that its Monday, despite the fact that I have to go to work today. ;-)

Last week was a fairly decent week in terms of completing the items that I wanted to get done.

1.  Post for Wanna-Know Wednesday. DONE!  Posted step 2 for the Lone Star quilt.

2.  Share directions for next step of Lone Star wall hanging.  Done! Posted step 2.

3. Finish sewing the center portion of the Lone Star wall hanging. Done!  I still need to add the background pieces though.

4.  Complete binding of the mug rugs. Somewhat done.  I machine sewed the binding on, but I need to finish the hand-sewing.

5.  Post for "stash busting" Sunday.  Done!

This past weekend was busy, so I didn't get nearly as much sewing done as I would have liked.  We went to visit my parents this weekend, which killed pretty much all of Saturday.  We did stop at the Harden Furniture Factory store on the way there since its less than 10 minutes from my parents.  We wanted to see more of their dining room furniture in person and sit in some of the chairs to see how they felt.

Sunday was spent doing the usual (grocery shopping, laundry) as well as planting the last of our plants.  We received the final plants on Saturday (9 plants total).  Those were put in the ground Sunday afternoon and we finished mulching the planting bed.  The only spot we have left is where we have to build and install a trellis before we can plant a clematis.  We have all the materials to build the trellis, but we need to paint it first before we start to put it together.  I think I'm going to be doing some priming this week!

So here's the plan for this coming week:

1.  Post for Wanna-Know Wednesday.
2.  Share directions for building a design wall.
3.  Sew the background pieces to the finished Lone Star.
4.  Finish hand-sewing the binding onto the mug rugs.
5.  Post for Stash Busting Sunday.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment