Monday, June 11, 2012

Make-a-List Monday

Happy Monday!

I was able to do some sewing last week and over the weekend (i.e. Friday night).  Rich went climbing on Friday evening, so I had the whole house to myself and spent all evening sewing! :-)

Here's what I was able to accomplish last week:

1.  Post for Wanna-Know Wednesday. DONE! I posted the start of a series of tutorials on making a Lone Star Quilt.

2. Share more pictures of Lone Star Wall Hanging.  DONE!

3. Post initial set of directions on how to make a Lone Star quilt. DONE!

4. Purchase materials for design wall. DONE!  Rich bought all the materials yesterday at the local hardware store.  We did have to order the cord board from none other than Amazon, but that should get here in another week or so.  I'll post something about how we're making it and how successful it is! ;-)

5. Quilt small "mug rugs" that I've had made for a while. DONE!  I quilted these Thursday evening and put the binding on Friday evening.  I still have to hand-sew the binding, but hopefully that won't take too long.

All in all, it was a fairly good week.  I didn't get as much sewing done as I would have liked over the weekend.  We went furniture shopping on Saturday.  We didn't actually purchase anything, but we were looking around to see what was available in terms of a dining room table and a pub table for the kitchen.  I think we fell in love with a dining room table, but of course, its pretty darn expensive.  Since its a "nice to have" and not a "must have" right now, we're in no rush to actually purchase it.  Its an Amish-made table, which is pretty neat.  Plus, its absolutely beautiful.  Every style of chair that we sat in by this "company" was comfortable.  I could sit for hours in those chairs, even though there was no padding on them...they are THAT comfortable.

I was able to do some sewing on the Lone Star quilt and have only 3 more seams to sew before the entire center portion of the pattern is done (i.e. the Lone Star portion).  I laid out the individual diamond sections on the floor yesterday and it looks really good.  I can't wait to actually get the quilt made.


So here's the plan for this week:

1.  Post for Wanna-Know Wednesday.

2.  Share directions for next step of Lone Star wall hanging.

3. Finish sewing the center portion of the Lone Star wall hanging.

4.  Complete binding of the mug rugs.

5.  Post for "stash busting" Sunday.
 
Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment