Since I was "stuck" inside, I decided to buckle down and finish the quilting on Wildflower Fields and just get it done. This quilt is a pattern called Orca Bay from Bonnie Hunter. I made this while Bonnie had this is a mystery quilt, but now you can purchase that pattern through one of her books.
Here's the quilt about 3/4 done through quilting:
And a close-up of some of the stitching. I used Superior Threads bottom line in the bobbin and king tut in the top. The King Tut was a variegated purple-ish colored thread.
Somehow the purple/pink colors of the thread mixed well with all the colors on the quilt.
I also decided to use wool batting on this quilt. Its my first time using wool and I think I may use it more often for some of the quilts when I want the quilting to stand out a bit more.
You can see the texture from the quilting and wool batting in the next few photos.
It took a longer than I expected to quilt this quilt, but its done now....which means I'll be able to count the backing as stash used this coming weekend. :-)
I still have to trim the quilt and add the binding to it (a solid green), but I really like how this quilt turned out. I'm in the process of getting caught up with my quilting and turning out some finishes. This will only be my 2nd finish this year as the Lone Star quilt took up most of my quilting time earlier this year.
It feels good to get some more finishes done. :-)
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations