But because I stayed in, I was able to finish quilting Wildflower Fields (the pattern is Orca Bay by Bonnie Hunter). I even made the binding and have it all machine-sewn on. I sew the back of the binding by hand, so it will stay in the partially attached category until the weather gets cooler and I want a quilt to cover up with. :-) There's no way I'm sitting with a heavy quilt on me when its 85-degrees out!
The next two photos show the quilting detail a little bit more. I used wool batting on this one, so its a bit puffier than standard cotton batting.
We also finally hung the Lone Star quilt in the foyer. I did not block this quilt at all, just machine washed and dried it and it hangs perfectly straight! Yay! It really fills the space on the wall really well and we love how it looks up there. You can easily see all the texture that the quilting created on it... even when you're 15 feet away from it.
It is a bit difficult to get a picture of it on the wall as I'm either off to the side and at the some level (i.e. standing upstairs) or I'm under it taking a picture from below. Either way... it looks really great hanging on the wall. Since it wasn't terribly difficult to hang (had to use two ladders and one of the ladders was on the stairs), I may enter this one in a quilt show during the up-coming year. We'll see if I find anything that I want to enter it into....
So in terms of stash busting, I was able to count a lot of fabric this week because of the backing on Wildflower Fields. I also counted the binding since there's only the hand-sewing left to do.
So here are my stash numbers:
Added This Week: 0.00 yards
Added Year to Date: 5.86 yards
Used This Week: 6.48 yards
Used Year to Date: 14.85 yards
Net Year to Date: 8.99 yards
I'm in the black by almost 9 yards of fabric. I love using backings! :-)
Check out how others are doing with their stash over on Judy's blog.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations