I finally finished my Lone Star wall hanging. It ended up being about 62 x 62. There was a bit of shrinkage to it due to the heavy amount of quilting in the open spaces.
Here's a close-up of one of the sides showing the quilting I did in the open squares and triangles.
I don't have a better picture of the finished feathers with the binding on it, but here's what it looked like before the binding was put on. Lots of micro stippling all over the quilt to give the more open areas some dimension.
So now that the Lone Star quilt is done, I was able to count the fabric I used for the binding and hanging sleeves for the back. The quilt will be hung in our foyer. I also want to put a quilt on the opposite wall to fill out the space. Here's the design for the next wall hanging:
I've never done a Mariner's compass before and this one will definitely be a bit of a challenge due to its sheer size. The center block is 36" square and the entire quilt will be approximately 65" square. Lots of pieces that all have to line up in the end, so it will be a challenge, but in a good way. :-)
So here's my stash numbers right now... I definitely wanted to post before I add the 20+ yards I'll need for the mariner's compass quilt. ;-)
Added This Week: 0.00 yards
Added Year to Date: 5.86 yards
Used This Week: 1.09 yards
Used Year to Date: 5.98 yards
Net Year to Date: 0.13 yards
Yay! I'm back in the black! I have a few smaller projects (placemats) that will be counted towards the stash busting, but nothing huge in the works right now. I do have a quilt on the frame, too and that will use up about 3 yards of fabric just for the backing. Once its done being quilted, I'll be able to count that, too.
Check out Judy's blog to see how everyone else is doing.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations