Thursday, April 25, 2013

Quilting!

I've finally been able to spend some quality time with my sewing machine and iron. :-)

This Bento Box quilt has been on my design wall for quite some time now.  Its not that its a hard pattern... its actually a really easy pattern.  I just haven't been spending a lot of time quilting lately with our traveling and trying to get caught back up at work and at home.

I was able to get the center portion of the top completely sewn together yesterday.


IMG_2220

The "bricks" on the edge of the picture are actually a pieced border for the quilt.  There will be a solid strip of white all around the quilt and then a strip of the "bricks" and then another strip of solid white. 

IMG_2222

My cutting table currently isn't setup in the sewing room as it pulls double-duty when we have people over at the house.  Our current dining room table can only seat 4 comfortably, so we use my cutting table on the end for additional seating/space.  I need to get that table back upstairs so I can cut the border pieces for this quilt.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. I have seen this pattern a lot but have never made it - love your colors!

    ReplyDelete