Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Back from Paris

This is going to be a quick post as I have about a million things to do after getting back from our trip to Paris, France. 

The trip went well and we didn't have any problems with our flights.  Getting from the airport to our hotel in Colombes, France was a little interesting as our cab driver decided to take us on a mini-tour of the slums of Paris.  We were pretty sure he was trying to drive the tab up, but thankfully we had GPS on our phones and instructed him to get back on the highway and head in the correct direction.

The first day (Wednesdsay), we were absolutely exhausted.  Neither of us really slept on the plane, so we were glad to get to our hotel and just take a nap.  We piddled around the hotel that first day to figure out what we wanted to do and where we could go.  On Thursday, my husband went to his meetings while I did some work from the hotel room.  I was trying not to burn too many vacation days.

Thursday evening we moved to our other hotel in the Latin Quarter of Paris.  It was a great hotel and the staff was very helpful.  We then spent the next two days wandering around Paris and visiting the usual sites (the Louvre, Notre Dame, Musee D'Orsay, Eiffel Tower, etc.).  We had a great time.

On Sunday, we were up before the crack of dawn (4am Paris time), and were picked up by our cab taxi at 6am to head to the airport.  I headed back to the US, while my husband continued on to Germany.  The flight back was long and I was definitely glad to be back on US soil.  I didn't actually get home until 8pm NY time, so it made for a very long day.

I'll be sure to download my pictures and start sharing them over the next few days!

Au Revoir, Paris!

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a busy full time - looking forward to seeing your photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have made some terrific memories!

    ReplyDelete