Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mariner's Compass Update

I've slowly been making progress on my Mariner's Compass wall hanging.  A few weekends ago, I had all these blocks ready for sewing:



Here's a small stack of them all trimmed up.  Nice and neat looking! :c)


After having to take a step back to make the green squares (silly me... I forgot them when I was making all the others), I was able to get all blocks trimmed and into rows last weekend.  (Ignore the other stuff on my design wall...its a little cluttered in some spots.)


I quickly moved on to put the next borders on.....


....only to find out that the quilt is a bit smaller than my border units.  :-(  Its hard to see, but if you look at the top right of the picture below, you can see how the border is "wavy" to fit into the space.


So my next step this weekend is to go back and rip the stitches holding that blue border in place...then measure a few times to figure out what the width of the solid border needs to be in order to fit to the pieced border.

Annoying...but I'd rather have it right than have to keep fudging things.  I really don't want wavy borders when I go to try to quilt this puppy.

Its all part of the process, right?  :c)


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment: