Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stashbusting 2012 - Week 48

Its been a few weeks since I last posted for the Sunday Stash reports, but I have been doing some sewing.  Not a whole lot of stash used, but some.  I have been busy with work and also with the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US.  Three Thanksgiving dinners in one week....I think I'm done with eating for the next month. :-)

So here's what I've been up to:

- I finished the binding on this baby quilt for my husband's co-worker.

IMG_1961

IMG_1962

- Then I quilted a quilt for the charity group at my guild. Someone had already pieced the top and provided backing, batting and binding. So yesterday I spent a few hours and quilted it up.

IMG_1963

IMG_1964

- I also prepared some backing for this quilt (which is my stash used).

IMG_1956


I also bought fabric for another quilt that I'm making for another of my husband's co-worker's and some good friends of ours.  So that's my stash added this week.  Since I couldn't pass up the good deals at Connecting Threads, I also bought a fat quarter sampler of their Winter Frost line.  It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to make some table runners with it.

Here are my numbers:

Added This Week:       10.75 yards
Added Year to Date:    34.29 yards
Used This Week:          2.20 yards
Used Year to Date:       27.90 yards
Net Year to Date:         6.40 yards

I'm back in the red again by 6 yards.  :-(  I think I'll be able to use the fabric for the new baby quilt pretty quickly and I have another backing to get ready for another quilt, so that will definitely use up some fabric.

Check out how everyone else is doing with their stash over at Judy's blog.

 Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations



2 comments: