Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pre-Christmas Quilting

Its been a little while since I've posted.  Things got pretty hectic just before Christmas.  I had a client quilt to finish up by the 21st along with fitting in Christmas shopping and finishing up work for the year.

I'm not going to show the entire quilt for my client, but I'll show the backing and the quilting that I did on the quilt.  In this particular case, the client wanted me to follow the butterfly patterns that were on the backing material, so I had to load the quilt upside-down on my frame (i.e. top was on the bottom roller, and the backing was where the quilt top normally would have been).  This made it a bit more difficult as I couldn't actually see the quilt top itself.  When all was said and done, I had about 11-12 hours of work into this quilt.

Here's the backing material loaded onto the frame:

Client 2 - 1

The next series of photos shows the flowers, hearts and the butterflies I traced from the backing material.

Client 2 - 2

I even worked in some caterpillars and leaves as the client was going with a garden theme.

Client 2 - 3

Client 2 - 5

Client 2 - 6

It was an interesting quilt to stitch on and the client really liked the finished product.

Since today is Saturday already, the rest of my fun over Christmas will posted with the Sunday stash report as it will be the last report of the year.  I did get some yardage for Christmas, so I'll definitely be counting it this year!  :-)  Maybe my reports next year will be more in the black.


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment