Thursday, December 6, 2012

Superior Threads

I'm going to start out this post by saying that I am not receiving anything from Superior Threads for posting my opinions about their threads or their services.  This is not a paid advertisement or anything like that.  I just want to share my opinion about what a great company they have.



When I first started quilting, I wasn't very particular about my thread choices.  To be honest, I didn't think it mattered.  How wrong I was!  :-)

I started using Superior Threads after I had a minor thread meltdown with my Viking MegaQuilter.  I had picked up some thread with a nice sheen to it and I hadn't ever had a problem with it before (I'm purposely leaving out the name of the thread here).  However, the thread was 40% rayon and while my standard sewing machine (with a max stitch count of 900/minute) didn't have a problem with it, when I put it on the MegaQuilter (max stitch count of 1600/minute), the thread proceeded to just melt due to the friction of it moving through the machine.

It gummed up the bobbin area of my machine so badly that my bobbin was thrown off kilter and it was rotating 180-degrees from where it should be and snapping every needle that I put into the machine.

I guess it took a problem like that to learn my lesson. 

So I started using Superior Threads because I had heard a lot of great things about them and they had a HUGE selection of threads.  What a different thread really does make!

The better threads not only make my machines run smoother, but they also produce less lint and they feel great when you do hand-sewing with them, too.

I think one of the things I like the most about Superior Threads is their customer service.  I had ordered a few thread cards earlier this year and they were out of one card.  They kindly called me at home and let me know they were out of that one and asked if I wanted to substitute a different card or they could refund my money for the card.  I gave them the replacement card number and they shipped them out that day.  Even better....I received them the next day!

Their shipping is absolutely incredible.  I placed an order on Wednesday morning of this week and they shipped the order out on Wednesday afternoon.  It was shipped via priority mail (their cheapest option) and I'll probably receive the thread Friday.  You really can't beat ordering thread and receiving it within 2-3 days.

They are a great company and are actually considered a small business, so I'm all for supporting small businesses especially here in the US.  If you haven't checked out their threads yet, I highly recommend it!


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

  

No comments:

Post a Comment