Monday, December 17, 2012

Make-A-List Monday

I've been a bit quiet in the blogging world lately.  Initially it was due to being very busy with work and trying to get a client quilt finished up.  Then things changed on Friday.  While I don't like to dwell on sad things, I want to take a few moments to give tribute to Sandy Hook Elementary.

 Sandy_Hook_Candle


My husband grew up in Sandy Hook and up until a few years ago, his parents owned a home less than a mile from the Elementary school.  It has been surreal for us the past few days.  I first saw the headline on the news and it simply referenced a shooting at a school in Sandy Hook, but it didn't give any of the details that we now know. 

Sandy Hook truly is your quintessential New England village.  Its a quiet place where people gather at the local coffee shop prior to heading out to the weekend soccer and ball fields.  If you picture those post-card views of a New England town in the fall... that's Sandy Hook.

My heart breaks for the parents of the lost children and also for the children who have survived.  Life will never be the same for anyone in that small town.  The pain will never be gone, but I hope they can move forward and keep those precious 20 children and brave 6 adults in their hearts.

-------------------------
So on to quilting items...

Here was what I had planned for last week:

1. Quilt client quilt and remove from frame. Done!  This is all set to go back to the client.  Since I forgot to ask ahead of time, I can't show any pictures.  I want to make sure the client is OK with showing pictures before I actually do it.
2. Hand-sew binding on Charity quilt. I haven't been working on this since I've been focusing on #1 and #3.
3. Hand-sew binding on Whirly Stars quiltGetting there. :-)  I have one long side left before I'm done.
4. Square-up backing fabric for Lone Star quilt. Not done.  I've been focusing on #1 and #3.

I'm glad to have the client quilt done.  It has been one of the few projects that truly have a deadline that isn't self-imposed.  It was supposed to be done by this Friday, so I'm glad I got it done a bit early.  With that being done, it also frees up some time to do the binding on quilts and also to get moving on the Lone Star quilt.

Here's my plan for this coming week, which will be a little odd since I'm only working two days and my vacation starts on the 19th.  Yay!  I won't have to go back to work until January 2nd.

1. Square-up backing fabric for Lone Star quilt.
2. Hand-sew binding on Whirly Stars quilt.
3. Hand-sewing binding on Charity quilt.
4. Baste Lone Star quilt on quilting frame and start custom quilting.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations


No comments:

Post a Comment