Here is the first set of blocks ready to be sewn.
And all of the "plain" blocks required for the pattern.
This next photo has the plain blocks and one of the other blocks next to each other. I ended up spreading them all out and then putting equal numbers of the blocks into the columns for the quilt. I wanted to have an even mix of all the fabrics.
I then laid them all out on the floor so I could make sure I had a good mix of the fabrics. There were a few fabrics that I had more of the blocks in that particular color, so I had to make sure I was intermixing those so I wouldn't end up with a clump of blocks all the same color.
I decided to start this pattern as I wanted to try something new. This quilt requires partial seams due to the nature of how the blocks align. So its new to me as I haven't done partial seams before. I have most of the columns sewn at this point, but I haven't started trying to join the columns together with the partial seams yet. We'll see how that goes. ;c)
I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Here in upstate NY, the weather is finally nice. Most of our snow is gone, though we still have piles of it in certain places. It is supposed to get up to 55F today with a high later this week of 65F. We don't have any plants growing yet, but spring is finally here.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations