I used a bit more fabric this week for my Bento Box quilt. I had to cut some more pieces to make the pieced border, and I cut strips of fabric for 4" borders around the entire quilt.
The borders are ready to go on, but today will be spent outside again with the garden and taking care of the property (along with laundry and grocery shopping and paying bills).
Yesterday, I planted 24 new perennials to replace ones that died over the winter and also 4 more broccoli plants. This is the first year that we're trying to grow some veggies, so we're starting with tomatoes and broccoli. Next year we'll try some beans and possibly corn, too.
Here are my numbers so far this year:
Added This Week: 0.00 yards
Added Year to Date: 5.86 yards
Used This Week: 0.88 yards
Used Year to Date: 4.89 yards
Net Year to Date: -0.97 yards
I'm just one yard in the hole and I know I'll be able to bust that out soon. I will have one quilt ready for quilting and the Bento Box quilt will be ready soon, so that will be some good yardage busted once I get those complete.
Go on over to Judy's blog to see how everyone else is doing.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations