Thursday, May 16, 2013

Egged!

Only we can live out in the middle of nowhere and get egged!


egging

Sorry about the junk in the corner.  Spiders have taken up residence on the porch and the pollen has gotten trapped in their webs.  The whole area will get cleaned this weekend

So you may be wondering where that egg came from... and that it looks pretty small. 

Here's where it came from:

bird nest

A little sparrow decided that the top of our porch light was a good spot to build her nest.  I had noticed that there was some mud up there at one point and I cleaned it a bit.  DH was convinced the slope was too steep for a nest..... he was wrong. :-)

Our industrious little sparrow planted her nest up there, and its a pretty good nest, too.  After the nest was already built and fully formed, I didn't have the heart to remove it.  So there's a sparrow up there sitting on the rest of her eggs waiting for them to hatch.  I think I may take the ladder out this weekend and take a peek up there.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

2 comments:

  1. I hope the little birds don't fall out of the next once they hatch! birds do put nest in the oddest places we have seen them here and there and wonder how it is other animals do not grab the eggs sometimes they are low and in bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate, Sarah - each year we find at least one Robin's egg on the ground. This year, my brother brought me a grackle nest with 3 speckled eggs in it (the nest and eggs are at least 3 years old, so no worries about hatching grackles!) Spring is great - broken eggs, spiders' nests and all!

    ReplyDelete