Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Phew! Busy!

I can't believe its been almost 2 weeks since I last posted.  It seems like life has decided to get in the way of my blogging again.

I have been doing some quilting as well as needlepoint.  Our garden is also starting to flourish.  These pictures are from a little over a week ago, but I wanted to show some of my pretty flowers today. :-)

orange flowers

The pink flower below was towards the end of its blooming cycle.  When it first bloomed, the whole flower was a bright pink (similar to what you see on the edge of the petals).

Pink flower

yellow flower

And the start of my columbine.  It was trying to bloom a while ago, but it just wasn't warm/sunny enough yet.  It is currently blooming and I will show some pictures of it.

purple flower

We had a crazy amount of rain last week.  Between last Tuesday and Saturday, we had 6.25" of rain.  While we needed the rain, we needed it over a larger period of time and not just a few days.  I'm just hoping we don't have a super-dry summer like we did last year.

With the long weekend this past weekend, DH and I decided to do some furniture shopping on Friday afternoon (we both took a half day off from work).  We ended up going to a local store that deals only Amish-made furniture (mostly from the Ohio area) and we're 99% sure we're going to get some furniture through there.  The prices are very reasonable ($240/ dining chair versus $450/chair at a local furniture store) and they will make everything custom for you.  We only wish we started out at this place instead of ending there. :-)

We also took a drive Saturday morning out to Vermont to check out some antique dealers.  Since it was pouring rain all day, it actually wasn't too bad to go out for the drive.  There weren't as many people out due to the rain and cold temperatures (think pouring rain and no warmer than 45F), so it made the drive and window shopping a bit more enjoyable.  We left the house at about 10am and headed to Bennington, VT.  We then made a few other stops on our way up to Manchester, VT and then drove back home.  We were back by about 5pm.  We didn't find anything that said "buy me now", but it was a good way to spend the day and we enjoyed ourselves.

Hopefully I'll get some quilting mojo back soon.  I think I'm in a bit of a rut as I really need to finish quilting my Lone Star quilt and its taking quite a bit of time.  But then again... I'm only getting 30 minutes here and there to make progress on it.


Hope everyone else enjoyed their Memorial Day and took a few minutes to remember our fallen soldiers who have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms!

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment