Over the past two weeks, I've been able to use up a bit of stash and finish two flimsies! :c)
The first is a small wool kit that I purchased last year and have been slowly working on. It isn't quilted or bound yet, but all the hand applique and embroidery is done for the top of the wall hanging.
The second finish actual does come from fabric stash and I'm glad to say that the top is completely pieced! Yesterday while the hubster was out snowboard, I was up early and in the sewing room to get all the borders cut and sewn onto this puppy.
I have to say...I'm completely enthralled with this one. It looks similar to what my EQ drawing looked like, but so much better! :c) A few of the points in the center section aren't as good as I would have liked, but its pretty hard to tell they are off and it was difficult to get that much fabric together in the middle of the quilt. From other designs I've seen, some folks finish it off with an appliqued circle in the center to hide seams that don't quite line up. I didn't want to do that, so I tried my best to get them to line up and they're pretty darn close.
So here are my stash numbers:
Added This Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Used This Week: 1.75 yards
Used Year to Date: 3.33 yards
Net Year to Date: 3.33 yards
Go on over to Judy's blog to see how others are doing.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations