I made a lot of progress this past week or two on the Mariner's compass quilt. My last update on this, I mentioned that I had to take off the first set of blue borders since I somehow managed to mis-cut the strips and didn't realize until I tried to put the pieced border onto the quilt. After spending about 3 hours ripping out stitches on ~60" square quilt, I was able to recut the border strips and start putting things together.
As you can see, the pieced border now lines up properly. ;c)
My husband was out snowboarding on Saturday, so I had most of the day to myself in the house. I was also up early with him (he left the house at 7am), so I had a LOT of sewing time in front of me.
I was able to get the pieced borders on by about 10 am.
By early afternoon (after a shower and lunch break), I had all the borders on and the quilt top is complete!
I absolutely love it and can't wait to start quilting it. I know what I want to do with the large setting triangles outside the ribbon border, but I'm not quite sure what I want to do with the center yet. I have to think about it a little bit before I start doing anything. I'll leave it up on my design wall to stare at for a while so I can figure out what I want to do. Over the years, I've found its usually best to let it sit for a week or two to see what I want to do with the quilting. Then it will just hit me and I'll start flying with it.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations