Monday, February 10, 2014

Quilt #14 - Stars & Hearts

Back to my history of quilts... :c)

This is another lovely from 2009.  It was actually my very first applique quilt.  I had a great pattern that I found for this quilt (sadly I don't recall the name off the top of my head, but it was a published pattern).  I think it may have been called "A Star is Born".

I don't have any pictures of it in progress, but I recall it taking a while to figure out my stitch settings for the satin stitches around the appliques.  The fabrics were a bunch of fat quarters that I purchased specifically for this quilt.  The only yardage was the white background, the blue dot fabric and the backing.


These pictures were also before i figure out how to take better pictures of quilts!  So I apologize for the not-so-great pictures.


It really is a cute quilt.  I did simple straight line quilting in the center sections of the quilt and then did some free-motion loops in the outer border.  I didn't do any quilting directly around the appliques.


And another picture of this laying flat on the floor.  The quilt was about 35 x 50 when it was all said and done.  This was before I purchased my mid-arm frame, so its quilted on a standard domestic sewing machine.




Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment