The past few months have been hectic to say the least with a lot of things going on both at home and at work. The company I work for (a very large one) acquired a competitor last year and we've been struggling for the past 4 months to try to integrate the two businesses. For years we built up walls to prevent knowledge transfer, and now we're trying to figure out how to take down all those walls.
The water issue is semi-resolved. From a standpoint of clean water, it is resolved. The well system that we had put in is doing the job and we've had the water tested a few times to make sure it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. We have clean, drinkable water that we don't really have to worry about. However, we don't know the long-term effects on the well and whether we will have water in a dry-spell or not. We are trying to remain hopeful that the aquifer is good and we won't have any water issues.
On the non-resolved side, we are still fighting with the well driller's insurance company. I swear these people are the dumbest folks I've run into in a very long time. They tried to get us to sign a form to release water tests results from a consulting company that we never worked with. Come to find out, the well driller had used that consulting company...not us. We couldn't sign a release form for a company that we never even contacted (but the insurance company couldn't figure that out on their own without us explicitly telling them...TWICE). Then when they did send us the form to sign for our own water testing, it was riddled with mistakes. We had to mark it up to them and send it back (unsigned) so they can fix it before we will sign it. I have a feeling this is going to be a very drawn out event and maybe...eventually... we will get something out of them.
On the quilty front, I made progress on the Heat Wave quilt and started (ahem) two other quilts. Oops! :)
Here's where I left off the last time, with my paper-piecing blocks. I was able to get all of them done in fairly short order once I got the rhythm of it.
Overall, three different blocks with the green corner squares in different places depending upon the final placement in the quilt.
Here is one set of blocks completely sewn.
I do have them now all sewn into the center section of the quilt, but I'll save that for another day as well as pictures of the two new quilts that I'm making.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations