Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Quilting Mojo

Ack!  Its been months again since I last posted.  How does that happen?

It seems that I've lost my quilting mojo as of late.  The past few months I've had little desire to go and quilt (which is highly unusual).  I sometimes wonder whether its lack of enthusiasm in the projects I'm working or just plain not wanting to spend more time inside than outside.

I tend to have the later problem when its summer time.  My office at work is buried in a large manufacturing building, so I don't see daylight unless I have specific meetings near the front of the building.  As such, by the time I get home (or on weekends), the last thing I want to do is be inside.

The up-side to that is that I've been doing a lot of running outdoors.  Earlier this year, I participated in a 5k at work (which didn't go as well as I wanted), a 3.5 mile corporate challenge, and then another 5k in my hometown.  Between the 1st and 2nd 5k, a month of training passed and I was able to decrease my time by 3 minutes, which is pretty significant considering the races are 3.1 miles.  I was able to drop my time by 1 minute per mile.

I've still been training, but haven't selected my next race.  I keep telling myself... sign up for the next race when the weather is cooler on a Saturday... but the weather hasn't cooled off yet! :)  I will sign up for one soon and hopefully I'll finish around the 30 minute mark for the race.

I have gotten some quilting done, but no photos to show for it.  Its been slow going with two kids quilts that I was supposed to have done in June.  Oops.... I'm a bit late with them.  They are surprise gifts, so at least the recipient doesn't know its coming.. or how late it is.  LOL.

I will try to post some more on here... it has felt like each week goes by really quickly and I just never seem to get around to quilting (or posting).  Its been a crazy year so far and will probably continue to be.

I hope everyone is keeping up with their quilting (or other crafts)!


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. I thought you must have quit blogging! Nice to see you back - understand totally not wanting to be in the house when you are cooped up in an office all day - enjoy your summer! It will be gone before you know it

    ReplyDelete