Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ready for Spring

While this winter has been fairly mild as far as winters go, I was a bit sad to not receive a lot of snow this year.  Most of the first part of winter, we were above freezing temperatures and received rain for every storm that came through.  There have only been a handful of times that we had actual snow come down and stay for more than a day or two.  I think total, we're only at about 10 inches of snow so far this year (normally we are around 40 inches of snow).

That being said... we did have a weekend where the temperatures were absolutely brutal.  I LOVED my fireplace that weekend and had it roaring all weekend.  Our overnight lows for two days was -20F and the high was barely above 0F.  There was a nasty wind, too, so our windchill values were down around -40F.

Untitled


The only thing that came close to being as good as that fire that weekend was this:

Untitled

My oldest brother's girlfriend found out that I was into tea and that I loved an old tea pot that my parents had.  She found one and sent it to me as a post-Christmas gift.  I love it!

Untitled

It is one of those old ceramic pots that have a metal tea-cozy that is the exact size of the pot.  The cozy is lined with wool to help keep the teapot warm.  And since it has slots for the handle and spout, you don't have to take the cozy off in order to pour the tea!  Bonus!!

I'm ready for spring though at this point.  Its the end of February and I'm ready for it to start getting nice so I can enjoy being outside again!

How about all of you?  Ready for spring or wishing for some "real" winter?

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment