Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crazy....

That one word pretty much sums things up for the past few weeks.  This post is a non-picture post unfortunately, so if you're here for pictures... you can bypass this post.  :c)

The first 3 months of every year is crazy for me at work due to it being appraisal time for the 25 individuals who work for me.  It takes a lot of effort and time to initially write up all the appraisals (i.e. performance evaluations) and it takes even longer to have the discussions with 25 people.

Each year I somewhat forget how emotionally taxing it is to get through the reviews.  I try really hard to make sure the reviews are accurate, which doesn't always make people happy.  By the time I get home from work, I'm completely exhausted from the day, which means I haven't been doing a lot of sewing or quilting lately.  I have been doing some and will be able to share some pictures soon.

The other bit of "news" is that we purchased a piano a few weeks ago.  Both  my husband and I play and we've used a digital piano for several years, but finally decided that we wanted a real piano ago.  I will definitely show a picture of it when I get one taken.  :c)  Its a used Steinway piano with a wonderful sound/touch as well as a bit of history and mystery surrounding it.

I hope everyone has been surviving the last bit of winter the country seems to be having.  I'm hopeful that it will finally feel like spring soon here in the northeast.  We've had a long, cold winter and it will be wonderful to have some spring-like temperatures again.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. I would hate to have your job of reviewing people. Hope you have time to relax soon and enjoy that piano!!

    ReplyDelete