Friday, March 6, 2015

Another Month Gone!

Once again, I have no idea where the month of February went.  It seems like time is flying by faster and faster and I'm not quite sure where its going.  We've had a lot of cold weather and snow here in the Northeast this winter.  While you would think that would equate to lots of quilting, it really hasn't.  It has been so cold that I've been spending a lot of time near the fireplace, which is far away from the sewing room.

We had almost 8 weeks of temperatures where it did not go above freezing....at all!  Just constant, sub-freezing temperatures all the time, not to mention the wind chill.  Brrrr!  I think we bottomed out at -27F with straight temperature.  We did have one day earlier this week where it was 37 and it felt absolutely wonderful! :c)

I did finally get the center section of the Mariner's Compass quilt fully quilted.  I still have to do the corners and in the white section of the pieced border, but I'm making progress.  Here's almost a full view of the quilt:

Mariner's Compass - February 2015 - 03

A little bit more of a close-up so you can see the pebble quilting.

Mariner's Compass - February 2015 - 02

And getting right down at the quilt level to see the stitching and the texture it creates...

Mariner's Compass - February 2015 - 01


I'm really digging the texture this quilt has so far.  I've started on one of the corners and it is almost quilted and the design really pops out, but those photos are for another day (and hopefully not a month from now).

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. you have really had the cold weather haven't you and here I complain when we have a week of cold weather and by that I usually mean it has been in the 28-36 degree range. I do remember one time when we lived in Idaho back in the 70's it was below zero for a whole month - crazy weather!! Spring will be here soon for you too!

    ReplyDelete