Thursday, March 14, 2013

Oy!

How did it get to be Thursday??!!

I'm not quite sure what happened this week, but I totally didn't get around to my usual posts.  I'll try to do a quick run-down here...

Last Saturday we spent all day working on the ceiling.  When I say "all day", I really do mean ALL day!  We started working at 8:30am and didn't finish until 6pm.  We didn't even break for lunch, just some snacks here an there.  We did get it done though!  Completely finished.  Everything is painted and caulked and looks shiny and new.


IMG_2110

IMG_2111

I love the green paint and the bright white molding.  The lamp is really cool too.  It has a bit of the Tiffany glass look to it.

IMG_2112

IMG_2113


Sunday was spent touching up a few last little bits, hanging the light in the room with the new ceiling detail and doing all the usual weekend chores (shopping, cleaning, laundry).  I got a little bit of sewing in, but only about an hour or two.  I'm still quilting on Lone Star, so there's nothing new to show.

This week at work has also been very crazy and busy.  Between work and going back to the gym 3 times a week, I haven't been doing a lot of sewing.  I have lost 3 lbs already since going to the gym (2 weeks now).  In order to get down to the "normal" BMI, I need to lose about 10-15 lbs.  I'm already down 3 lbs, so about 7-12 more to go.  I'd love to get lower, but I'd like to at least get down to the high-end of the BMI range for my height.  Once there, then I'll work on getting down to the weight I'd like to be.

This week we had some high temps (high 40Fs) that resulted in a bunch of snow melt and we had rain on top of it.  With all the runoff, our stream near the house was really moving.  Here's some pictures of the water...


IMG_2117

Our dam will need a little bit of work come spring to repair the damage from the water.  The plastic pipes... there's two that should be at the top of the dam to allow water to flow through.  They both were sent downstream a bit.

IMG_2121

Further down on our land, we have a bit of a lake happening.  The stream loses definition in this area, so it just spreads out everywhere.  We plan on using a backhoe to define a path for the stream and then be able to plant a garden in this area.

IMG_2120


I'm hoping to get back to quilting this weekend and be able to show some progress pictures of the Lone Star quilting.  I'll also show pictures of the room with the pool table in place.  Its being delivered tomorrow! :-)


Happy Crafting!
 ~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. now come work on my house LOL love how your ceiling turned out - looks great!
    Looks like a lot of snow melt for you.

    ReplyDelete