Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quilt #8 - Teddy Bear 9-Patch

This was a quilt I made for a co-worker back in 2008.  The fabrics were the cutest flannels and so incredibly soft!  I loved the bears, stripe and the starts/hearts on the fabric on the back.  They all worked really well together.  The only fabric I probably would have changed is the gingham fabric.  This was incredibly stretchy and very difficult to work with.  It looked great in the quilt, but it was a bear (pun intended) to work with.

Fabric

I don't have photos of this quilt in-progress, but it was pretty simple with 9-patches and solid blocks.

115_1516

This was one of the first quilts I quilted on my own sewing machine.  Since I was still learning, I decided to just do simple, straight diagonal stitch across the 9-patches and left the solid blocks alone.

Teddy_Bear_Patch_partial_quilted

The binding I chose for this quilt was a dark green fabric.  The green seemed to offset the bright yellows and reds in the quilt nicely.

Quilt7_whole_mod

Here's a close-up of one of the corners.

Quilt7_Corner_mod

And quilting you can see on the back.

Quilt7_back_mod

Happy Crafting!

~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

Franco Sarto Profile Riding Boot - Black (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment