Monday, October 19, 2015

Heat Wave!

I wish we had a heat wave right now.  As it stands, we've had to use our fireplace the past few nights to take the chill off the air in the house.  Sunday we definitely needed it though as the overnight low was down to 24F and the daytime temp only reached about 45F.

Untitled

We even had it... S N O W!!!!  I was not happy to see these little babies on the porch and the little white things flying in the air.

Untitled

So what's a girl to do???

Stay inside and quilt!  I purchased Judy Laquidara's book Nine Patch Extravaganza several years ago and even bought the fabric to make her quilt called Heat Wave.  I decided to finally pull it out and get to work!

Untitled

I have similar colors to Judy's original quilt and started cutting up all the pieces I needed.

Untitled

My "OCD" factor is coming up high on this one while I was cutting things out.  LOL

Untitled

And all the pieces cut for the center portion of the quilt and the non-pieced borders.  All neatly lined up and ready to go.  Sometimes when I stack this stuff up, it makes me not want to do anything more so I can keep it in the nice and neat little piles.  Thankfully, that feeling doesn't last too long!

Untitled

I have about 20 of the 80 flying geese blocks made so far for this quilt.  There are a lot of bonus HSTs as part of making those flying geese, so i'll have to figure out something to do with the tan and gold-ish HSTs.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. I like getting all the pieces cut for a quilt sometimes too and stacking them up nice and neat so I know where every thing is.
    When it gets chilly here the heat comes on - I do not care what time of the year it is or how early in fall that happens - if the house goes below 68 the heat comes on and it has been on since we got home on Friday - our house is very shaded at this time of year and stays chilly from fall to mid-spring it seems.

    ReplyDelete