Monday, August 24, 2015

AQS Quilt Show - Syracuse 2015

I had the opportunity to go to the AQS Quilt Show in Syracuse, NY this summer.  The show was held in July and it was my first "real" quilt show.  I've gone to fairs and local guild shows, but never something as large as this (and this isn't even large compared to the Houston or Paducah shows).  I ended up going to the show with my Mom and we had a great time and took a lot of photos of the great quilts there.

"Hurricane" by Janneke de Vries-Bodzinga from the Netherlands.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

"Petals" by Marcia Baraldi from Brazil.
2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


"Red and Black Illusion" by Kaiko Ike (I think that's the right name, my picture is a little blurry to read the text on the card now.)

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

"For Ewe" by Janet Henshaw
2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

"Weighed in the Balance" by Marilyn Smith

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

I don't have a close-up of the name of this quilt or the quilter.  :c(  It was a beautiful quilt though.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


"One Cake, Two Cake, Red Cake, Blue Cake" by Linda Neal.  This quilt had a wonderful whimsical feel to it.  It was really creative and I loved the different types of quilting on it.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


"Byrne's Spiral" by Beth Nuler.  There were a fair number of quilts with grey as the background instead of pure white or cream.  It was an interesting change to see that type of background.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


"Georgia On My Mind" by Diane Evans.  Since I'm a music fan, I loved the music symbols surrounding the center section of this quilt.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

This next one was the Best of Show.  "Stars on Mars" (I can't read the name of the quilter off the picture).

Again, this used a dark background and the quilting detail was fantastic.  I'm not surprised one bit that it won Best of Show.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

I loved the use of colored thread in the next picture on the border area.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

There was also a red and white exhibit (non-judged.  The quilt below was "Uneven Nine Patch" by Linda Lasco and quilted by Judi Madsen from Green Fairy Quilts.  Judi does fantastic work and this is no exception.

2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse


2015 AQS Quilt Show Syracuse

Overall, I really enjoyed the show and it gave me quite a bit to think about in terms of my own quilting and where I want to go with it.  Hope you all enjoyed the pictures.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment:

  1. aren't shows great!! I love looking at the big shows although I have only been to Paducah about 4 times now over the years - I wish I could go every year to look. (lucky for me Paducah is a 6 hour drive)

    ReplyDelete