Saturday, October 19, 2013

Waterfalls

Some days I have a very easy time coming up with post titles.... not so much today.  For the life of me I can't think of anything creative to call this post.

Anyway....

Last week before I left for training, we had a day where a TON of rain came down.  I think we had about 2-3" of rain in that single day.  When we got home from work, we decided to take a trek down to the creek/river/stream in the back of our property.  Usually this time of year, its pretty much a small creek or stream.  Most areas you could walk across with only ankle-deep water. 

After the rain storm that came through, it was raging again.  Our neighbor has semi-developed his area to make it a bit more usable.  In doing so, he created a small area where he built a dam and a waterfall.  The weekend before, there was only about 1/4" of water running over the log...now....

IMG_2429

There was at least a foot of water raging over the same log that only had a 1/4" of water over it.  It was really pretty being down there and listening to the river, which it really was a river after all the rain.

IMG_2428

Here's some more photos of the waterfall and "rapids" from a down-stream angle.

IMG_2427

I haven't been back down there since getting back from training, but I'm sure its back to normal now.

I will have some quilty/crafty posts again soon once I get caught up on things again.  I have a bunch of photos on the camera and need to get them downloaded on the PC and then uploaded to Flickr.

Hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather!


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment: