Friday, January 16, 2015

It's Been A While....

Do you ever wonder where time goes on you?  That's how I feel about all of last fall and through Christmas!

The last three months of the year were busy beyond comprehension, which is why I realized today that its been 3-4 MONTHS since I last posted anything.  To be absolutely honest, I really do have no idea where the time went.  I think I was so busy with work-related things that it was all I could do to get through each week.  With the nice weather on the weekends, that time always went by quickly, too.

I had some high-stress things going on and my method of dealing with them through the Fall was to simply work it out with hard, manual labor on the weekends (and sometimes during the week).  I picked up splitting wood...by hand.  It is great exercise and really worked my upper body.  It was also very stress relieving to be able to beat on something!  :c)

The holidays went by too quickly as well.  There was a fair amount of travel involved for us and just a lot of time spent visiting family.

Despite having two weeks off for the holidays, I did not get a lot of sewing or quilting done.  The last time that I was actually in my sewing room to do sewing as before Thanksgiving.  I'm hopeful that now that we're into the new year that things might settle (at least a little) and that I'll be able to get back to sewing again.

I feel like I've lost a bit of my sewing mojo, but hopefully it will be back soon.

I've been keeping up with a lot of blogs and I'm glad to see that lots of folks had good holidays and have already started their new projects for 2015.  Even if I can't manage to get some sewing done, at least I can enjoy looking at everyone else's great progress.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

1 comment: