Work has been insanely busy the past two weeks as we had visitors from Mexico. This meant getting into work earlier and staying much later to get everything done. Plus, most evenings we took them out for dinner or other things, so I wasn't getting home until after 8pm most nights.
I haven't been doing a lot of quilting lately due to the insane hours I've been putting in at work. However, I did get a small quilt on the frame this week. Sadly, I think this is going to be one of the most epic fails and will likely be either thrown away or finished up with tying it so my cat can use it.
It started out pretty promising (the 2nd item in the picture below), but yet again, my quilting frame has failed me.
The quilting frame I have is an older generation frame for a Viking Mega Quilter. It can be setup in 2 sizes, either a 5-foot length or a 10-foot length. Unfortunately, where the pieces come together in the middle, it has a small step in the joint. We've spent hours trying to smooth that you and adjust the frame over and over again to get rid of it, but it still lingers. So when I try to do some custom quilting with it....the quilting ends up looking terrible, which is what has happened with the Winding Ways wall hanging.
I'm not sure at this point whether I will scrap the whole thing or attempt to rip out the stitches that are currently in it. I'm seriously tempted to just scrap the whole thing and never think about it again...that's how frustrated I am with it.
I would love to upgrade to a better frame and machine. While I could afford to do it, I still have a hard time justifying the cost, especially if I don't use it for a business or something of that sort. For now I will do what I've done in the past.... quilt simple pantographs on the frame and anything that needs custom quilting will be basted on the frame and then quilted using my regular sewing machine.
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations