Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Busy as a....

I've been really bad at posting the past two weeks!  I'll try to make up for it.  :-)

Last week I had to make a trip for work up to Bangor, Maine.  It takes about 6-7 hours to drive there from where we're located.  It was a good trip (very productive), but it felt long even though it was only 3 days.  Part of it was that last Tuesday/Wednesday, some storms went through the northeast.  It hit Bangor sometime during the night and the power in the hotel we were staying at went off at 1:27am, came back on, then went off again at around 3am and stayed off.

The reason  I know the power went off?  My room was right next to those nice, heavy emergency doors that close in the event of a fire to keep the fire from spreading.  Well, those doors are held open by magnets, which switch off when they lose power!  So imagine yourself asleep in a strange hotel and at 1:30am hearing this huge BANG!  I think I jumped about 4 feet off the bed.  At least I was prepared for it when it happened the 2nd time at 3am.  ;-)

Needless to say, it was a very fitful night of sleep and then with no power in the morning, I ended up showering and getting ready to leave by using a flashlight that the front desk brought to my room.  No hair dryer that day!

I have been doing some sewing lately though.  I have a client quilt I'm working on.  Here's the fabric that I purchased for the quilt (its not getting counted as the stash since its coming in and going right back out):

Client_Quilt_1-1


The fabric looks so nice and pretty all pressed and folded waiting to be cut! :-)

I actually did get all the pieces cut for the blocks for the middle of the quilt.  The final blocks finish at 12.5", but from the picture below, it definitely looks like it will be bigger.  The top "dark" color is not a brown fabric like the picture looks.  It is a dark shade of green, but for some reason it looks like brown in the photo.

Client_Quilt_1-2

I do have a lot more pictures to share and I plan on posting a tutorial on cutting and making this block, but I wanted to get a post out today since I haven't posted in a while.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment