Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Slow....but Steady

Progress on the quilting front has been slow lately.  I've been able to do a little bit here and there, but there hasn't been a whole lot to show.  I've been able to fit in sewing every now and then between other things around the house and work.  My work has been difficult again lately.  It seems to go in waves and the peaks of the waves are getting higher and lasting longer unfortunately. 

I was finally able to finish marking all of the corner squares for the Lone Star quilt.  I'm progressing through the quilting of the marked lines, but its pretty slow going.  From the areas that I have quilted and removed the marks, it will be worth it in the end. :-)

IMG_2017


I also did a little bit of sewing for the Bento Box quilt.  Here are some of the strips of fabrics that will be used in the quilt.  I wanted to show some the detail of the purples and greens that will be in the quilt.

IMG_2016

I have four strips completely sewn and into the Bento Box pattern.  I will mix it up a bit more in terms of which strips will pair up in the sets of four blocks, but this is what I have so far.

IMG_2015

I hope everyone else is have a great week and you can get plenty of sewing done!  I'm hoping to get a bit done tonight and then a nice sewing "fest" on Friday evening while hubby is out rock climbing with some buddies.


Happy Crafting!
~Sarah at upstateNYCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment